Certificate Course in Biostatistics and Research Methodology
The field of biostatistics has become an indispensable tool in improving our understanding of biological process and has a direct impact in ensuring the safety and efficacy of pharmacological and biotechnology products. In addition, the application of biostatistics is expanding to include several relatively new fields, such as medical imaging, ecological forecasting, and statistical genetics. The emphasis of the specialized certificate is in the application of statistical techniques to the analysis of life sciences data. Research is an integral part of the growth and expansion of sciences. It attempts to combine the on-going theoretical and conceptual debates and paradigms in various disciplines that contribute towards an understanding of issues relating to research methods in the context of development of the various methods adopted in research. Above brief introduction endows that the entire t subject’s areas biostatistics and research methodology are integral part of today’s biomedical and clinical research along with the genetics and public health. With the aim of filling the gap of knowledge of Biostatistics, and Research Methodology IBRI has planned to initiate this specialized course with the help of experienced professionals.
With the aim of filling the gap of knowledge of these fields IBRI has planned to initiate this specialized course with the help of experienced professionals.
The course aims at:
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of statistical theory.
• Select appropriate study designs to address questions for research and to apply appropriate statistical techniques for managing common types of medical data.
• Select and apply appropriate statistical techniques for managing common types of medical data
• Qualitative and quantitative methods; ethnographic studies; case study; PA, RRA, New advances in methods of biomedical and clinical research
• The curriculum of the program focuses on the integration of its major components: biostatistics and research methodology. Students are expected to apply their knowledge by conducting a research study and writing a comprehensive thesis
Introduction to Statistics
Descriptive Statistics and Sampling
Biostatistics in Medical Research
Research Methodology: Concepts and Procedure
Practical and Project
Fees: Registration Fees: Rs.1000/- Only
Course Fees: Rs.65,000/- Only(One time payment)
Fees can also paid in three installments i.e. Rs.25k,20K and 20K for each installment.